Great question, it’s easy to do! We’ll walk you through it.
- Before we start, download an authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator.
- Once you do that, go to your profile here and log in.
- Select the orange button that says, “Enable Two-Factor Auth”. This will bring up a pop-up window to start the two-factor process.
- It will give you detailed instructions every step of the way, so read carefully. Be sure to save your recovery code somewhere safe, as you'll use that if you ever need to get access to your account.
That’s it, you’ve successfully set up two-factor authentication on your account!
What if I want to remove it?
To remove two-factor authentication, just go to your profile where you set it up and click “Disable Two -Factor Auth”.
My 6-digit code isn't working when I log in.
Make sure your phone and computer time matches. If you use an Android phone, you'll need to sync the time:
- Open the main menu in the Google Authenticator app.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Time correction for codes.
- Tap Sync now.
I got a new phone and my code no longer works. What can I do?
You should be able to use your recovery code to get back into your account (reminder: it's the long code we asked you to save before setting up Two-Factor).
How do I use my recovery code?
It will depend on the authentication app you use. Most commonly used is Google Authenticator.
- Go to your Google Authenticator App.
- Look for the add "+" button or the setup button, and select "Manual Entry".
- Enter your Google Account information for the account.
- Under Key, enter the recovery code you saved.
- That should get it set up from there. There may be additional instructions within the app, be sure to follow them to complete the recovery.
If you need help, please reach out to customer support!